IT Support Analyst
You will support the Huddersfield head office and 40 remote locations, which are connected via WAN using technologies such as ADSL routers/MPLS/4G & Microwave, these locations are throughout the UK and Ireland. You will also have the opportunity to support locations and users throughout the worldwide organisation.
Our ideal candidate will be able to perform well within a challenging environment and have experience of dealing with difficult situations when problems arise.
It will be necessary that you are able to travel both domestically and occasionally internationally and it must be possible that you can be away some nights. A full UK or EU passport is required.
Hours of work: Our core business and our Huddersfield Control Centre is operational 24/7/364 and at a suitable time you will be required to be on the call out rota. However your hours of work will be Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm (37.5 hours per week).
As well as 23 days’ holiday per annum (plus 8 statuary days’ holidays) and a Company pension scheme, HOYER offers the following:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Appropriate structured training and development
- 2 years working in IT, in a similar role.
- Full UK driving license – car.
- Full UK or EU passport.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Good knowledge and working experience of Windows desktop Operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- You should be able to install Windows Operating Systems, using manual methods and have knowledge of imaging or package deployment technologies.
- Hardware / Software fault finding.
- Experience of patching/switches/routers/comms cabinets/fibre/PoE/ADSL/WiFi.
- Knowledge of PC components and the ability to change these, i.e. hard drive/memory/CPU removal / swap, including repair for example replacing a faulty laptop screen or keyboard.
- Be comfortable moving/installing computer equipment/hardware.
- The ability to work independently.
- As this role may involve urgent repairs that impact business needs, the candidate must live within a commutable distance (no more than 30-minutes each way).
- Helpdesk experience.
- Active Directory, Knowledge of resetting passwords, creating users, modifying groups etc.
- Windows Server.
- IP Telephony experience.
- Scripting – DOS/PowerShell/VBA.
- Knowledge of UPS/Generators/Building Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the transport and logistics industry.
- Knowledge of Windows Automated Installation Toolkit & Windows PE, WIM deployment.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter to HR-UK@HOYER-Group.com